Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Finally, but I'm a little behind

Yes, I finally got my sleeve and glove. It did not arrive via Mr.Postman but I got it the morning of my first vacation day. We stopped in Bellevue, WA on our way south and picked it up from the office. Just on the off chance, I called the office and she had just received it and was getting ready to put it in the mail. Please don't, I'll come by and pick it us as we pass through your city!
What a relief to have this. I understand all the wrapping is necessary to reduce the swelling, but this makes it so much more consistant during the days. I have wrapped a few times for the night, but I have to be honest, it's a pain in the backside, I don't sleep as well, so I've slacked off that part of the program. I called back to the office the next day to inform them of where it was irritating me and I was asked to come back in when I got home. So yesterday was another trip to Seattle. The good news is that my arm is getting smaller and it is working, I just have to get used to wearing the sleeve and wash it every night to soften it up.
I have been away on a quilting "working" vacation. I taught in Tacoma on Wed, in Stevenson, WA on Friday and was a student on Sat. My whole trip was absolutely terrific, it was great to be away from work & home for NON medical reasons.
Girlfriends are Great!
Sharon

1 comment:

  1. It's about time! Ya it must be a nice change being able to do things on your own schedule and not having to work around appointments and treatments! Glad to hear you enjoyed your Vaca!

    Love ya!

    xox

    ReplyDelete