Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Good news all around

Yesterday was my follow up with Dr. Kominsky, my Oncologist. He is such a nice guy, I'm glad they put me with him. My follow up appointment was easy and no stress. We had a chat about how I was doing with the Tamoxifen, and since I've got very few side effects, things will stay the same. I have a follow up with him every six months for the five years while on Tamoxifen. Next spring I go for a blood test to check my hormone levels, then go see Dr. Kominsky. Easy Peasy!
My follow up mammogram will be coming up next month, I'm hoping later rather than sooner, as I'm still sore from the radiation. The thought of them taking my breast and trying to flatten it like a pancake between two metal plates is not pleasant! Maybe they'll do a "gentle" mammogram? And maybe I'll loose 40 lbs before Christmas!
The UPS truck arrived at my house just minutes after I got home yesterday. I opened up my box and it was full of goodies. As everyone knows, October is Awareness Month. There have been a lot of articles about corporations just using pink as a draw for customers, so read the fine print if you choose to shop pink to support the cause. My choice is the Komen Foundation. I did a little retail therapy there, and I know 25% of my purchase price goes directly to their organization.
Pictures to follow
Have a great day!
Sharon

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear everything is going "smoothly", hope you're enjoying your new place .... and cable!

    Love ya!

    -Kelsey

    ReplyDelete