Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I Broke my Boob

Yup, you read that right, I broke my boob. Well, I didn't break it, someone else did. But I take some responsibility as I've been very quick to be guarded when someone goes to give me a hug. But when it comes to a bigger guy, sometimes I just can't protect my boob like I'd like to.
So here's the story, Friday night I get up to leave and I get a big hug from my friend and he gave me a bit of a squeeze into his chest and I gasped.
Saturday I went from bad to worse and Sunday I was on the phone to Dr. Kaufman's office leaving an urgent message that I needed to see him Monday.
By Monday I couldn't stand myself, I was so swollen, red, hot and SORE. I felt like I was just 2 weeks out from the surgery instead of two weeks to my one year anniversary.
Dr. Kaufman was able to do the ultrasound and see a large sac of fluid, and with lots of novocaine, he drained a good portion of it. The whole procedure was tolerable. Right now the lab is testing the fluid that he drained out of my breast to see if there is infection. I'm already on a 7 day cycle of Keflex antibiotic, just in case.

And I feel better today.

It could be the steady dose of vicadin.

Just when I was getting ready to celebrate one year from my surgery. It seems like forever ago when this journey started, but my one year cancer free birthday is May 14th. That was the day of my surgery. Lumpectomy with clean margins and nothing in my blood or lymph nodes. The radiation and tamoxifen are just insurance policies. I deemed myself cancer free May 14 and that shall me my day of celebration.

I had my 6 month follow up with Dr. Kominsky, my oncologist. Everything is good there!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, who knew you could break your boob?! I hope its not infected!
    I still can't believe it's been a year since this whole thing started, it's unbelieveable how fast the time goes.
    Take Care!

    Love you,

    Kelsey
    xo

    ReplyDelete