Saturday, May 1, 2010

Broken Boob Update

It's been 7+ days since my boob got broken. I started the antibiotics Monday and had the first aspiration done Monday evening by Dr. Kaufman. Note: he is the only person who I will ever let do this to me again. Note to Dr. Kaufman: you cannot retire until I die.
I continued the drugs and pain meds until Thursday and I was sent in for another ultrasound that determined there was a lot of fluid build up in my breast. So Nurse Rachet aka the attending Radioloy Dr, did the aspiration. After screaming at the top of my lungs for him to stop, he finally ended the procedure. Yes, I can comfortably say "I know the pain of child birth" because nothing can come close to what he did to me. They tried to joke that I cleared the waiting room. I was a little embarrassed about that, and then they said, "no one could hear you, we have you in the back". Sounds a little like Stephen King to me!
The upshot is that I spent Friday laying on the couch bonding with my remote control. My sister Christine came over after work and we had breakfast for dinner and then she vacumned my whole place. THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Today I honestly feel like things are getting better. I'm not so red, not so hot, and not so sore. I'm not 100%, but I'm definitely better. Monday I have the 9:00am appointment with Dr. Kaufman, the man with the gentle hands, the only one I'm going to let do any procedures on my breast again.
Pink out today,
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment