Sunday, August 23, 2009

Working towards a new goal

This should be my last week of having to wrap my arm in compression bandages. Thank goodness I wasn't doing this during the heat wave in July. Wrapping your arm with quilt cotton batting and then bandages from knuckles to the armpit is not high on the "hot weather" attire! Every Physio appointment my arm is measuring smaller and smaller....hmmmm, I wonder if I could use this for my thighs ;-).
Friday the 28th, I head to the Seattle area to get measured for a custom glove and sleeve and that will be great. I'm having quilting withdrawals, but on the up side, I have given up housework. I figure if scrubbing floors, toilets and doing vacumming is going to aggravate my arm and quilting is going to aggravate my arm, I'm going to pay someone to clean so I can quilt. It was amazing to come home from work this week to a shiny house. The cleaning fairies came while I was at work and did their magic.
I am looking forward to having some more mobility in my arm, at this point I can't even scratch my nose, the lipstick is a little crooked these days, and I would have thought this would result in a few lbs. being lost, not so much!
It's Sunday, we are heading towards the end of summer and that means my favorite time of year is just around the corner. More new beginnings.....
Sharon

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear your arm is getting better!
    It feels like just yesterday it was the first day or Summer ... but I'm with you, Fall is just around the corner and I absolutely love Fall!
    Yay for no more bandages! Hopefully this new glove makes your days a little easier, and your lipstick a little straighter!

    Love ya!

    Kelsey
    xox

    ReplyDelete