Tuesday, July 14, 2009

And the journey continues

I am now on the down slide for my treatments, and the side effects are on the up side. I guess it would be too much to hope for no side effects. When I see the other women and men at the Cancer center, I count my blessings at how lucky I've been along this process.
A stranger, (fellow blogger) stopped by my site and left a comment. I backtracked to her blog, 60 Magnificent Miles, and it amazes me at what people are doing to support the research and funding for Breast Cancer. If there is anyone who wants to get involved in one of these fundraisers, Susan G. Komen is the place to check out! They do amazing things here.
Later today I go to see Dr. Kaufman for a check up. The timing is perfect as I need to see about my arm. It has decided to swell up and my wrist isn't like it should be. I am hoping this is a side effect that will simply "go away" but the concern is that I still have 15 more treatments. Is it going to get worse before it gets better? Only the Dr. and time will tell.
So for now, if I'm exhausted at work, I will go home. I did that yesterday, got home, flipped on trashy afternoon tv, and just relaxed for a few hours. I don't like to nap for fear that I won't fall asleep at bedtime. Today I woke up and felt quite rested. Maybe the afternoon off did some good!
Until again,
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment