Wednesday, June 17, 2009

And the journey continues

Yesterday was my "last" follow up with Dr. Kaufman. I say "last" in quotes because in reality I will see him for the next five years. But this appointment was the last one discussing and dealing with my surgery and all my test results. He explained my OncoTypeDX results, (all pretty good) and took all the tape off my incision. Everything is healing very well and will continue to get better.
As for my arm, before I could even ask him any questions, he went on to explain all the soreness and pain I have been feeling, told me how normal all this was, then gave me the 2 exercises I need to do to get back to my regular self. This should take a month or two, the stretches are very simple and take 10 minutes twice a day.
The last thing we discussed was the next 2 - 3 months of moving forward. This part of the journey can become a roller coaster of emotions and questioning "why". I'll just have to take it one day at a time, just like usual. Life is a "no peek" journey, if we knew what tomorrow will bring, we might not have the fortitude to get through today!
Speaking of today I start my radiation treatments. I don't have a set schedule, but someone is working on it and I will have it figured out today at my appointment.
On a side note, Friday at 1:30 is the final hearing for settling Donnie's estate. That door will close and I can put the stacks of paperwork into a box, label it, and move it out of my day to day life. This will free up some of my energy.
That's all for now,
Sharon

1 comment:

  1. Good luck today! You're such a strong person I'm sure this won't even phase you :) !
    Good to hear about Donnie's estate, one more thing to take off your plate, and hopefully for good!

    xox

    ReplyDelete