Sunday, June 28, 2009

Weekend Reprive

The clinic is closed on Sat & Sun so no treatments, whoohoo. Even though it would make the process faster, I'm very glad that I get the weekend off. I can feel the radiation working, it's like sharp little spasms that just seem to happen for no reason. Plus there is a bit of achiness, I don't even know it that's a real word, I'm not even bothering to look it up, it just works to describe what seems to be going on. So far I'm good on the skin area, I don't have any visible burn, just a tenderness in the area. I worked on a bunch of quilting projects all day on Saturday and today Annie, Lisa and I went for a very long leisurely walk down at the ocean. It's good for the soul to be near the water.
I'm heading into week 2. I say 2 because the treatment is 35 sessions and if you miss one, it gets tagged on at the end. Since the first week has 3 days and the last week has 2 days, by the calendar it would be 8 weeks, but that just sounds too long. So, it's week 2 tomorrow, and the other way of counting is 8 down, and 27 more to go. I'm looking forward to having the down number larger than the to go number!
Soon..
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment