Tuesday, May 12, 2009

My last day of work...

Today is my last work day for awhile. It will be a short one, for more than one reason. First off, I didn't drag my body into work until well after 8 am. It was one of those nights where I was awake and thinking it was time to get up.....until I looked at the clock and it was 12:23 am. Geez. And that went on throughout the rest of my sleep. I really do need eight straight to make my way in the world the following day. Guess things are weighing on my mind.

I have a 5 pm appointment with Dr. Kaufman. We will be reviewing the MRI results and then discussing all the options regarding my surgery. Before leaving for work today I grabbed a notebook. There have been a few questions coming into my mind and I want to make sure I ask about all my options for Thursday. Most of my questions are What if.......? Then what? I'm trying to make sense of the best options based on outcomes, but I think what is all boils down to is that "you do the best you can with what you know". Regardless of what I choose for Thursday, I have no control over the cancer if it decided to rear its ugly head in 2 or 5 or 9 years from now.
Start planning your wardrobe for Thursday. I'd love to have some photos emailed to me to show your support. I am asking all the staff here to wear pink on Thursday and today I'm picking up a spool of pink ribbon to tie on all the mirrors of our trucks.
I wish I'd seen this site prior to yesterday, Save the TaTa's, I would have ordered a few things from here. I will definitely be shopping here next week. I was telling some people about these t's last night and one woman looked at me funny and said "why would you want to save them?" I guess we all think we know what we would do if we were walking the walk, but let me say this, for all your friends and /or family that you have seen deal with cancer, and for all the news and tv reports about all the advances and all the good news that is out there, you have NO IDEA what you will do when you put on these shoes. That is a fact.
So on Thursday when you put on your pink, regardless of what it is, say a little "Save the Ta Ta's" It will make you smile!
Today I am leaving work early, first to go to the surgery clinic and fill out all my paperwork and then over to Dr. K's for my appointment. I have a few things to do in B'ham so I'll get those errands done. I have Wednesday off, Dad is arriving, I'm putting a turkey in the oven and getting my place all in order.
Think Pink
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment