Thursday, May 7, 2009

Pass the boob basket please.

This morning I had a date with Belinda and Michelle at the MRI clinic. Once again, this was at Mt Baker Imaging and everyone there is so nice and polite. I got checked in very fast, I didn't even have time for basting any Hexi's. (for you non quilters, these are little pieces of fabric I baste onto paper, sew them together, then take the paper out, a perfect take along for waiting rooms!)

The first part of the exam was a cake walk, I layed on my back, they fluffed the pillows all nice for me, strapped me in so I didn't fall out of bed, and slid me into a big white hole. Since I had my eyes closed, I had no idea how contained I was. The second part of the test was a bit more than I expected. It involved needles! I dislike needles, well, I'm sure none of you like needles, but it's a bit hard to find a good vein in my arm and I've had some unpleasant experiences.

Had I known, I would have drank a lot of water prior to the test, but oh well. Michelle did a great job, got some hot packs and had both arms prepping. She started on my left side and Michelle was preparing my right arm, just in case. I told them they could take one try on each arm!

Like a hot knife through butter, Michelle had things started so smooth that I barely even felt her. Wonderful staff. Then they put my boobs in a basket, slid me into the machine and I had a 15 minute rest while the machine did all the work.

Piece of cake! The tests have been stamped with RUSH; they usually take a week to be read, but mine will be done asap and the reports sent over to Dr. Kaufman and Dr. Kazmyra by Tuesday afternoon. Dr. K and I will go over everything at my pre-op appointment on Tuesday, May 12th at 5 pm. Before I left the clinic I wandered over to the Ultrasound/Mammo side and asked to speak with Nancy, the Ultrasonographer. She had a free minute for me and I wanted to thank her for recommending Dr. K to me. She gave me a big hug and told me he does BEAUTIFUL work, so I am in good hands!

Until then, have a fantastic Mothers Day weekend. I know I will, I'm spending Sunday afternoon it with my best friend....Betty! (inside joke and yes, it was alcohol related)

Think Pink
Sharon

1 comment:

  1. Hello Sharon,
    I just just had to come over from the Sisters Choice/Grass Roots Studio after reading the simplicity blog comments to wish you well. I love your travelling analogy and wonderful uplifting attitude on your BC journey. I am a 3 year survivor of a BC diagnosis this spring.
    Good luck .
    Frances

    ReplyDelete